Thursday 23 June 2011

Missy Elliott Speaks On Being Diagnosed With Graves Disease

Rap Daily: Female hip hop star Missy Elliott has spoken out about her battle with Graves disease, an incurable disorder that affects the thyroid.

The disorder has caused Missy to drop out of the spotlight, after she suffered from hair loss, mood swings and went through radiation treatment.

Missy told People magazine that the disease caused her to lose her ability to do simple things, like driving or writing.

“I was driving and trying to put my foot on the brake, but my leg was jumping. I couldn't keep the breakdown and almost crashed. I couldn't write because my nervous system was so bad–I couldn't even use a pen.”

According to Elliott she is 30 pounds lighter due to her exercising habits and she has been off of her medication for almost 9 months now.

Missy Elliott is currently in the studio working with longtime co-producer Timbaland.

Missy will discuss her struggle with the disease as well as her sexual abuse as a child in an upcoming episode of VH1’s “Behind the Music,” airing on June 29th

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More