Thursday 21 April 2011

Dorrough Planning Documentary Exposing DEA Drug Raid In Feb.

Rap Daily: On February 8th, at approximately 7:30 AM, the DEA executed a search warrant that accused platinum recording artist Dorrough Music of distributing drugs.

The rapper, who said he is falsely accused of a crime that he has never committed, is responding with an untitled documentary and new song directed at the “Hip-Hop Police."

“They kicked in the door, they came in here, I was in the bedroom the whole time,” Dorrough explained in the documentary. “They laid us on the ground and it was 10 DEA agents and five went upstairs. And while they were searching us they went through all my stuff and moved stuff around while we were downstairs”

Dorrough even has documents that claims confidential informants and undercover officers had been planning the raid for over a year.

“I just remember someone kicking in the door, I hear a lot of commotion and a lot of noise. I first thought I was getting robbed,” he explained. “So I jumped up and when I came to see what was going on, by the time I got to the door of my room, I already had guns pointed at my face.”

“What if my daughter was there?” he recalled. “All these thoughts going on in my head.  I wouldn’t even say it was professional the way they did it, I think they was out of line the way they did it. My girl is crying, scared and it’s more like they violated me.”

Dorrough explained in the documentary that a few months prior to the break in, he received a charge for accidentally carrying a concealed weapon in his backpack at an airport and lost his license to carry a firearm. 

Had he reached for his gun when the DEA raided his home, Dorrough believes he would have been shot and killed.

Dorrough doesn’t plan to let the incident stop his career though as he has multiple releases on the horizon and a single that talks about the DEA raid.

“I just dropped the Gangsta Grillz Code Red. The response has been crazy to where I am doing another commercial release in June and another mixtape with DJ Drama. One of the songs I want to put on there really portrays the way everything happen and it really conveys how I felt.”

Dorrough’s most recent commercial single “Get Big” was remixed and featured DJ Drama, Diddy, Yo Gotti, Bun B, Diamond, Shawty Lo, Wiz Khalifa & Maino.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More