Friday 29 July 2011

50 Cent: Refuses To Put Out Black Magic album


Rap Daily: 50 Cent claims to have scrapped putting out his new album, saying he "will not put out another album" due to an ongoing dispute with his label. "They dropped the ball with me one time too many," the rapper wrote on Twitter. "I apologise to all my fans."
50 has been beefing with Interscope Records for more than a month, accusing them of bungling the lead-up for what would be his fifth studio LP. Once described as a "dance album" called Black Magic, the rapper recently revealed he was moving in a different direction with a new title and "a whole different energy". "The Black Magic music, I have it, and I'll probably use it in, maybe, a film project," he told MTV News.
Whatever this new album sounds like, 50 Cent insists Interscope has been dragging its feet on its release. "Feels like they're moving in slow motion," he wrote in June, saying the LP could be delayed until 2012. "My whole career iv been doing shit and they have been playing catch up ... THEY BETTER WAKE UP AND WORK."
Although Interscope's Dr Dre and Jimmy Iovine later tried to smooth things over, 50 Cent's temper flared again this week. "Man I'm not releasing a album," he tweeted. "I can't believe Interscope is this f*cked up right now ... I will work with other artists on their projects but I will not put out another album." It didn't help that one of 50 Cent's new songs, I'm On It, appeared on filesharing sites on Wednesday. "I don't know how I can record 41 songs for my album and the one song I give Interscope leaks," he said. "I hate when I can't present my music the way I feel it should be."
The rapper threatened revenge by sharing an unreleased single by one of his bosses, Dr Dre. "[It's] a big song," he wrote, "[but] I just don't think it deserves a great set up [since] they can't seem to get it right when it comes to me." The rapper eventually backtracked, saying Dre "has done nothing but help me".
50 Cent's most recent LP, 2009's Before I Self Destruct, was the lowest-selling album of his career. It reached No 22 in the UK charts

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More