Monday, 24 January 2011

50 Cent Takes Credit For Shutting Down

 Rapper 50 Cent sent a tweet out to his 3,888,543 million followers and took credit for shutting down popular urban website,

The site went down without warning earlier today (January 24th).

Just moments ago, 50 Cent took to Twitter and took credit for the site's disruption, squashing rumors that the site was seized by Homeland Security, like several other websites in November of 2010.

"I don't know why people underestimate me. I just shut down WORLDSTAR for future advertising contact suckers lol," 50 Cent tweeted. "I put worldstar to bed, you don't believe try me I will shut your sh*t down. Lol."

In November of 2009, 50 Cent filed a lawsuit against the website, claiming his image and content was used on the website without permission.

“I have lawyers on retainers and I have to pay them so much money anyway, so we’ll go back and forth to court until (they) can’t afford a Subway sandwich,” 50 Cent said in 2009. “It’s already too late for (them).”

Q, the owner of appeared on Angie Martinez' Hot 97's moments ago and denied that 50 Cent was behind the website going down.

According to Q, the website is down due to technical difficulties, not because of lawsuit 50 Cent has pending. Nor has agents for the FBI or Homeland Security shut down the website.

"It's a technical difficulty, not Homeland Security," Q told Angie Martinez. "It's not a hacker, it's more less like some difficulties with the site itself as far as our server. We constantly have to upgrade. We've been down before, the most was 8 months. We got hacked last year, or other times we've had problems before. It should be up shortly. I see 50 cent put my # out there. But shout out to 50 Cent, it's great promo. We missed a message, but my technical team is on it. It should be back on shortly. I don't want to put a timeline on it, but it's should be back up in about 24 hours."

Q, who said he's been an associate of 50 Cent's close affiliate DJ Whoo Kid since 1999, has blamed the entire ordeal and lawsuit on a personal miscommunication between himself and 50 Cent.

According to 50 Cent,  more websites will shut down this week.

"I predict 2 more web sites will shut down this week. Take a guess who they are. I'm sick of the hate I'm to strong," 50 Cent tweeted.


Hahaha wow That is so like 50 cent, but he can be a dick most of the time.

Post a Comment


Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More